Angular Positioner (AP02)
The Angular Positioner assembly provides 2 rotational axes, adding to the 3 translational axes included in the standard AIMS system. Both the hydrophone or transducer can be mounted to the AP02 for precise positioning of the devices.
The AP02 is configured is used in two main configurations:
- Fixed position - the transducer is held by the AP02 mounted to a cross beam assembly (XBH) which is fixed to the tank. This is the more common configuration, aligning the transducer's acoustic axis with the 3-axis positioner's axis. See 'Vertical Beam Setup'.
- Variable position - the hydrophone is held by the AP02 mounted to the 3-axis positioner with the vertical beam clamp (XBV). This is a configuration allowing the hydrophone to move over large angles to measure the directivity pattern of a transducer element.
- Compatible with EMDS-USB-E motion controller
- Resolution: 7200 Steps/Revolution, or 20 Steps/Degree
- Manual positioning through hand cranks
- DB9 Motor Cables for each axis
- Angular Positioner stand to easily mount hydrophone or transducer
Angular Positioner (AP02) and Stand