Acoustic Intensity Measurement System
AIMS III with Soniq Software
AIMS III is the latest generation hydrophone scanning system that enhances acoustic measurement productivity to map acoustic fields in liquids. User workflow is improved by productivity enhancements that save time in the measurement set-up, scanning, and reporting. These enhancements are based on decades of scanning technology development. Combined with Soniq Software, the user benefits from real-time plotting, automated FDA reporting, and improved positioning performance. AIMS III continues to be the de facto standard scanning tank for hydrophone-based measurements.
- Productivity enhancements to measurement set-up, scanning, and reporting
- Compatible with Windows 7 (in addition to Windows XP and 2000)
- Real-time plotting to confirm optimal measurement set-up early
- Automated diagnostic and physiotherapy reporting tables compliant with the latest IEC standards and FDA guidance documents
- Mechanical improvements to advance the positioning accuracy and reliability
- Automatic temperature readings with USB temperature probe
- .dll interface for external software control
- SmartSCAN to enable forward and reverse scanning to reduce scanning time
- Angular positioner to accommodate various orientations including “shoot down”
- Over 100 measurement parameters available
For more information about the configuration and technical specifications, please click here.
Engineering/Product Development: Evaluate prototype transducers and excitation systems from measurements, such as:
- Beam Dimensions
- Focal Zone Location and Size
- Pulse Amplitude, Spectrum, Center Frequency and Bandwidth
- Pitch-Catch or Pulse Echo Measurement Modes
Government Compliance Testing: Gather data needed for device compliance submittals. AIMS III allows for automatic reporting compliant with standards for diagnostic equipment (AIUM-NEMA UD-2/UD-3 and IEC 60601-2-37, 62127-1, and 62359) as well as for physiotherapy (US 21 CFR1050.10 and IEC 60601-2-5 and 61689).
- Measure, calculate and plot pulse waveform and pulse intensity integral plots
- Intensity: pulse average(Isppa), temporal peak(Isptp), temporal average(Ispta), pulse duration
- Mechanical Index
- In-water and derated intensity values
- Pressure: positive and negative peak values
- Acoustic power by planar integration
- Beam dimensions (1 and 2 dimensions)
- Center frequency and bandwidth
- Compute Effective Radiated Area (ERA)
- Compute Beam Non-Uniformity Ratio (BNR)
With data acquisition typically at 2 points per second, production line measurements are one common application for this system. Built-in scripting allows automation of repetitive measurement tasks, pass/fail checks, and message-based control of programs written by the user.